4 November 2020
The revised draft Planning and Design Code (Code) has been released for public consultation for an additional six-week period from Wednesday, 4 November 2020 to 5.00 pm Friday, 18 December 2020.
The revised draft Code is available on the PlanSA portal and includes the Commission’s proposed policy improvements, which reflect the substantial amount of constructive feedback on the Code following the initial five months of consultation.
An overview of the key changes and proposed improvements to the revised draft Code are highlighted in the Summary of Post-Consultation Amendments (PDF, 1979 KB) to support the consultation feedback process.
Key areas of change in the Code include:
- more localised policy to reflect neighbourhood characteristics
- inclusion of existing Contributory Items as ‘Representative Buildings’
- raising the bar on residential infill standards
- greenlight for new greenfield and master planned neighbourhoods on urban fringe
- establishment of strategic innovation zones to support new investment
- protection for trees and incentives for tree planting and water sensitive urban design
- extensive policy on flooding and related mapping.
This additional public consultation provides everyone with an opportunity to familiarise themselves with and comment on the revised planning policies for their area and experience how the new planning system will operate once implemented in the first quarter of 2021.
An extensive range of educational resources, community information sessions, and webinars are now available on the Have Your Say page to help support people’s understanding of the proposed changes in the revised draft Code along with details on how to review the Code and submit comments.